Monday, May 26, 2008

Roll Recipe

Okay.. So, Liz I just now saw your cute background!! I love it! How'd you do it?! This is mostly for Whit, cause I think you left the roll recipe over at my house on Sunday. Which, by the way... I loved seeing everyone! Thanks for coming even though it was kind of short notice. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

3 1/4 C. Very Warm Water
1/2 tsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Yeast
1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
3/4 C. Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Tbsp Salt
Approx. 10 Cups of Flour

-In a bowl start with water and add sugar and yeast. Let the yeast froth.
-In a separate bowl mix oil, sugar, eggs and salt then set aside.
-Add 3 cups of flour to yeast. Add one cup and then mix until all the flour is mixed in well and add the next cup. After three cups of flour, mix for 2 minutes.
-Add oil mixture, mix for 2 minutes.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time and continue mixing (you can make this recipe in a kitchenAid or by hand. After about 3 to 4 cups of flour, you'll have to start mixing/kneading with your hands). You'll add somewhere between 8-10 total cups of flour. You want a consistency that is not too sticky, but not too dry. I guess this is where practice comes in (not that I have any since I'm not really sure how to explain it... :) )
- Knead for 6 minutes.
In a separate bowl pour about 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in and stick dough in the bowl. Roll the dough around so it gets covered in the vegetable oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with Pam. Let the dough rise for about 1 1/2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
-Cut the dough into thirds and roll out a 1/3 of the dough at a time into a circle that is about 1/4 inch thick... Spread melted butter on the dough and then cut into 12ths. Roll dough starting with the big end of the triangle.
-Place rolls on sprayed cookie sheet. Cover rolls again with the sprayed (with Pam) plastic wrap. and let sit for another hour or so. It depends on if you like the rolls really fluffy or more dense. The longer you let it rise the more fluffy it gets.
-Bake at 350 Degrees for about 20 minutes or until slightly brown.

Okay dokey!! Hopefully this all works. Let me know if you're confused. LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right! I knew I couldn't find it last night!! Thanks for posting it. Also, I loved seeing everyone!! LOVE YOU!